Special Announcement

Major items of interest to all
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Special Announcement

Postby Ron Thorne » May 9th, 2014, 11:35 am

Nearly a year ago, when news of the Jazz Corner Speakeasy forums' impending closure came to light, Scott Dolan approached me to see if I would be interested in being part of a new website for those about to become "refugees" from JC. I jumped aboard. With a lot of hard work from all parties involved in the effort, and with technical and design help from my son Justin, we launched Jazztalk.net. It's been a labor of love, with ups and downs, great moments and embarrassments, as you would expect from such a venture. It ain't easy maintaining a board such as this, believe me.

As you probably know, Scott has recently expressed an interest in officially handing over the reins to me and Justin. I'm happy to report that this transfer has now taken place. We're looking forward to our 1st anniversary (June 27th) and beyond, hoping to expand our membership and continue the mission of communication and sharing, on the subject of jazz, among others.

We appreciate you entrusting this website to us, Scott.

Respectfully,

Ron Thorne
walto
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Announcement

Postby walto » May 9th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
Coda
Founding Member

Re: Announcement

Postby Coda » May 9th, 2014, 3:35 pm

This is news to me. I want to express thanks to Scott for taking the initiative and investing his time into getting this site to this point. He's left this in real good hands. I hope the journey forward is fun and full of new music. From one set of good hands and into two. JT2.0
BFrank
Founding Member

Re: Special Announcement

Postby BFrank » May 9th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Keep on keepin' on, guys! 8-)
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » May 9th, 2014, 5:55 pm

I just like a good parade and always want to be part if it when I see one. I don't much care who the majorette is, though a pretty one is nice. (All three of you guys qualify under that criteria.)
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » May 9th, 2014, 6:26 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
ValerieB
Founding Member

Postby ValerieB » May 10th, 2014, 12:52 am

big congrats to Ron and Justin. wishing you the best. and thanks to Scott for getting this all going. I know I need to improve my participation and promise that i'll try.
Cem

Postby Cem » May 10th, 2014, 11:12 am

Congratulations, keep on, keeping on…
mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » May 10th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » May 10th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Cool to see that you guys'll keep fighting the good fight!
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » May 11th, 2014, 2:18 am

8-)
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » May 11th, 2014, 4:31 am

Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » May 11th, 2014, 5:24 am

Great news! Thanks and congrats!
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » May 12th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Thanks for carrying on.
drumsolo
Founding Member

Postby drumsolo » May 12th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Yay, thanks, Ron.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » May 12th, 2014, 6:21 pm

8-)
LennyH

Postby LennyH » May 13th, 2014, 8:32 am

Thank you, Ron. Your efforts are much appreciated, along with the efforts of Scott and Justin.
Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » May 14th, 2014, 10:23 pm

i will definitely spread the word and see if I can get a couple of new members! Thanks, guys.
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » May 18th, 2014, 8:15 am

Thanks to all three of you for your work on here.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » May 18th, 2014, 1:19 pm

You're welcome. Thanks for the thanks. 8-)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » May 25th, 2014, 3:19 pm

gonzo
Founding Member

Postby gonzo » June 5th, 2014, 10:56 pm

the majority of the posts on here are several months old. the only one that stays consistent is the what are you listening to topic.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 6th, 2014, 9:53 am

HenryMc
Founding Member

Postby HenryMc » June 24th, 2014, 3:53 am

good luck ..I hope it works. I offered help before and would again. I believe a site like this is important.
if you want it t thrive get the mega posters
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 24th, 2014, 11:26 am

Thanks, Henry.

Please explain what you mean by "mega posters", and by what method(s) that could be achieved?

Return to “Announcements”