Special Announcement

Major items of interest to all
jtx
Commodore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Special Announcement

Postby jtx » June 24th, 2014, 6:12 pm

I am assuming mega posters would be characterized as posters who are particularly prolific, dedicated posters. The ones you can count on to continually initiate, sustain and contribute to conversations across the site. Henry, is that a good description? And if you do have some thoughts on how to reel in a few of these folks, that would be great!!!
HenryMc
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby HenryMc » June 25th, 2014, 4:16 am

yes ..many years ago I did a little examination of lois's board ...at the time it had over 500 members ..but 10 of them posted 50 percent of the traffic. started most discussions and most of the arguments.

What tended to happen was that one discussion would fling out a number of others ..thus a discussion on the late dave douglas might throw up discussions about other elated matters. In addition the number of posts meant the board flowed quickly. Some of the quirky humour assisted in this.

Now FB exists (it really didn't then) but I think they can co-exist . JT should have its own FB page ..that at least alerts people to its existence. The Jazz Group (closed ) on FB where people post you tube clips of their fave jazz has over 9000 members from all over the world. it added 90 in the last month so it shows people are looking to listen too and /or discuss jazz.

I believe and I said this before that there is a need for this board. I learned so much from the first JC , from listening to my elders, from reading the passionate and the insane. Whilst some of those who went through it may not wish to reengage, im sure there are many others who will come forward.
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 1st, 2015, 10:30 am

Henry -- do you remember who those 10 were?
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » February 2nd, 2015, 11:18 am

Bright moments
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 2nd, 2015, 1:16 pm

We should invite DEEP and Chris A. to post.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » February 2nd, 2015, 2:42 pm

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » February 2nd, 2015, 4:14 pm

Bright moments
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 5th, 2015, 8:06 pm

I didn't think Scott allowed Tim in
LennyH

Postby LennyH » February 7th, 2015, 11:51 am

I never really got any entertainment value from Tim. Just agitation.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 7th, 2015, 12:19 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne

Return to “Announcements”