Anchorage Earthquake

Major items of interest to all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jtx
Commodore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anchorage Earthquake

Postby jtx » November 30th, 2018, 10:17 am

Just a quick note to let everyone know that everyone involved with jazztalk.net located in Anchorage is physically fine, despite the severe earthquake which struck just 7 miles north of the city.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alaska-ear ... e-updates/

Lots of cleanup work to do now.
bluenoter
Concierge

Re: Anchorage Earthquake

Postby bluenoter » November 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm

:?
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » December 1st, 2018, 10:20 am

I'm glad to hear everyone is okay. I've been through a two "big ones" (relatively speaking), Loma Prieta and Northridge, CA and know how disruptive they can be even for those who come through okay.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » December 28th, 2018, 8:16 am

* EARTHQUAKE *

Those of us in Anchorage are OK. Patti (my wife) and I survived the 1964 Quake, so we're veterans.

It was excruciatingly loud, vicious, aggressive, and strong.
We were saved by its brief duration
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne

Return to “Announcements”