Coronavirus and You

Post your political nonsense here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BeBop
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coronavirus and You

Postby BeBop » February 13th, 2020, 7:33 am

I don't know where all y'all are, but is coronavirus messing with anyone's life or head (other than mine)? I won't go on about it, unless it's meaningful to anyone else. But, briefly, I travel perpetually and :?
jtx
Commodore

Re: Coronavirus and You

Postby jtx » February 13th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Perhaps you should avoid this real time tracking chart for the disease they have re-branded as COVID-19? Or perhaps it will be reassuring?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

It does seem quite serious, but also quite limited to mainland China still.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » February 14th, 2020, 7:24 am

Yes, I just finished my quarantine period, in Guangdongsheng. While the outbreak is centered in the People's Republic of China, the effects on travel - lodging, air flights, et cetera - are global. (I'm not suggesting that this is not appropriate, just observing.)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » February 17th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Yikes, that is unfortunate timing to get caught up in the quarantine. Are you still going to be abroad a while still, or able to head back?
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » February 18th, 2020, 9:01 am

I don't have a "home", I'm a perpetual traveler. But I'm out of Greater China. (Nothing particular wrong with the place, other than coronavirus, at the moment.)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » February 19th, 2020, 8:54 am

I've been to Macau once, Hong Kong twice and Beijing twice, but only for a few days at a time on travel and business.
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » March 14th, 2020, 4:00 pm

What a difference a month makes, in terms of the worldwide spread we have witnessed in the meantime...
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » March 15th, 2020, 9:04 am

It's just a matter or perspective. Two months ago, I was in China. Businesses were closing, streets were deserted, parks schools and libraries were closing, the government was actively warning everyone to take precautions. So no change for me as I pass (briefly) through the United States. ;-)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » March 18th, 2020, 12:52 pm

I suspect your stay in the States may now be a little longer, given the lockdowns going into effect now. At least I have a lot of music on hand working from home!

:music:
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » December 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm

Shall we simply say things have progressed quite a bit since this thread started?

Return to “Politics”