ECM Artist Charts/Transcriptions

News, new releases, discussions, tour dates and more
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cmpsr11
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ECM Artist Charts/Transcriptions

Postby Cmpsr11 » July 19th, 2020, 10:04 am

Just joined this forum. Cool place.

Does anyone out there have a library of charts or transcriptions of compositions by ECM artists? I'm not interested in transcribed solos - just melodies/changes/arrangements. At the moment I'm interested in the tune "Spielraum" from the Rainer Bruninghaus/Eberhard Weber album "Freigeweht".

I'm a huge ECM Fan/student, still listening to ECM recordings from the 1980's up to today.

Responses appreciated.
jtx
Commodore

Re: ECM Artist Charts/Transcriptions

Postby jtx » July 19th, 2020, 2:04 pm

I recommend downloading free software called Chordata, and see if it can at least provide some hints.

http://clam-project.org/download.html

There is a lot to keep track of in this particular piece, so the software may make some (many) mistakes, but it may at least provide the anchor points to work from.

For example, this is the chord analysis at the point of the first note of English horn in Spielraum (0:15):

And here's another screenshot when it goes more major around the 2-minute mark:

Hope this helps!
Cmpsr11

Re: ECM Artist Charts/Transcriptions

Postby Cmpsr11 » July 20th, 2020, 1:40 am

Thanks for this tip. I'll try it for sure.

Return to “ECM Records”