bluenoter
Concierge

Latin FreeJazz Festival — NYC | November 6–7, 2014

Postby bluenoter » October 21st, 2014, 11:28 am

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Re: Latin FreeJazz Festival — NYC | November 6–7, 2014

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » October 29th, 2014, 5:12 am

I would be interested in a free Latin Jazz festival, but a Latin free Jazz festival not so much.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » October 29th, 2014, 11:12 am

Me neither. I own a bunch of records by the superb flautist; Mark Weinstein. His latest record; 'Latin Jazz Underground', has gotten rave reviews but....it's officially a Latin 'Free' Jazz record and I really tried to get into it but I'm unable to. I own ton's of music (latin and otherwise) where the musicians get 'out' there but I've never been able to enjoy music that begins and ends 'out' there. I'm sure it's my loss. I don't think I'd enjoy a Latin FreeJazz festival.:(
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » October 29th, 2014, 11:30 am

Ohhhhh, I must have misunderstood. I was just making fun of what I thought was a poorly worded poster. To me, the poster advertised a jazz festival that was devoid of latin jazz. Get it? Latin free Jazz Festival, a Jazz festival with no latin Jazz? Forget it. If I have to explain it... :whew:
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra

Return to “Festivals”