PDX Jazz/Portland Jazz Festival - 2014

Up-to-date information on Jazz festivals worldwide
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

PDX Jazz/Portland Jazz Festival - 2014

Postby Ron Thorne » April 4th, 2014, 6:32 pm

In the ongoing series of events presented by PDX Jazz, here's an update. Click below at PDX Jazz Events for more details and sound samples.

April 4, 2014

Dear Jazz Lovers,

PDX Jazz has a big week ahead with three shows starting off this Monday at Jimmy Mak's with Donny McCaslin's Trio featuring a stellar rhythm team of Jonathan Blake and Scott Colley. This East Everett Breakdown performance will certainly recall the imposing and historic Sonny Rollins Trio. Donny has an impressive resume; he replaced Michael Brecker in Steps Ahead and is also known for his work with the Gil Evans Orchestra and Maria Schneider Big Band. Rene Marie's I Wanna Be Evil with Love to Eartha Kitt was #4 vocal Jazz CD of 2013 by NPR. She will make her Portland debut on Tuesday, April 8 at Jimmy Mak's. Kneebody who are regular visitors to Portland, will kickoff a new partnership, PDX Jazz @ Mississippi Studios on Wednesday, April 9. This will be a STANDING SHOW with RESERVED SEATING for PDX JAZZ MEMBERS. Barra Brown and The Wishermen will open at 8PM followed by Kneebody at 9PM.

PDX Jazz wishes to thank all of the folks at the Mission Theater who provided us the opportunity to produce our first off festival year around jazz series which began in May 2011 with Tin Hat. PDX Jazz has shared many beautiful bright moments with multiple tributes by wonderful local musicians and nationally recognized names. We will miss the Mission as they transition to a first run movie house beginning June 1. Come check out Michael Moore on April 17 as the final PDX Jazz @ The Mission performance!

I attended the Western Jazz Presenters Network last weekend in San Francisco and had the good fortune to see Wayne Shorter and his classic quartet. I want to personally thank Randall Kline for hosting me at the SFJAZZ Center, a dynamic new multi-faceted venue for our art form. I hope all of you will make the trek to the city and support live jazz.

Best Wishes,

Don Lucoff

Managing Director

PDX Jazz Events
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
bluenoter
Concierge

Re: PDX Jazz/Portland Jazz Festival - 2014

Postby bluenoter » April 4th, 2014, 9:58 pm

The 11th annual Portland (Oregon) Jazz Festival was held Thursday, February 20 through
Sunday, March 2, 2014 at venues all over the city.

The full schedule:

http://portlandjazzfestival.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Full-Festival-Schedule.pdf
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: PDX Jazz/Portland Jazz Festival - 2014

Postby Ron Thorne » April 8th, 2014, 4:19 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne

Return to “Festivals”