Any crafters?

Random and varied thoughts & topics
cookie
Founding Member

Any crafters?

Postby cookie » July 8th, 2013, 7:37 pm

In addition to the music, I am an avid crochet/knitter. Got me thinking: what do others make? I know a couple of great musicians who build furniture. I know some who paint or draw (like Tony Bennett!).

Do you build/make things? How long have you practiced your craft??

(I've been doing needlework since the 3rd grade)

When I get to a decent computer (mines broken) and figure out how to post photos, I'll show you some of my work. :)
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Re: Any crafters?

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 9th, 2013, 5:46 am

My wife crochets, sometimes for hours at a time. I'm pretty sure she zones out during those sessions. Scary, but it keeps her out of trouble. On the other hand, except for a fine looking cheeseburger, I don't do any crafting.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
Monte Smith
Founding Member

Postby Monte Smith » July 9th, 2013, 5:56 am

I'm a widower to yarn, myself. Carm took up knitting a few years ago. She's always been crafty, the minx, making homemade soap and whatnot. But she didn't know beans about knitting, say, four years ago. Now she's great at it. She knit me a Manchester United scarf (granted, it's long enough to wrap around my neck about thirty times). She knits all the time and is graducally filling up the house with balls of yarn for future projects stretching into the decades.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 9th, 2013, 7:28 pm

I don't have any current craft projects, but Patti is very adept at several crafts.

She has excellent beadwork design ideas and skills, mostly resulting in stunning purses. She is also an excellent seamstress, and knits and crochets, too. Patti also enjoys decoupagé.

I'll ask her for permission to show a few of her projects.
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
tippy
Founding Member

Postby tippy » July 9th, 2013, 8:55 pm

I used to watercolor wrapping paper, either copy paper or paper bags and it looked really cool. I would wrap the gift and then paint viney stuff, simple flowers. I am as far from a fine artist as you can get. And I made my own Christmas cards with water colors too. In church, they taught the girls how to crochet and knit. No one could ever teach me to crochet left handed and I could never figure it out. But knitting was a little more flexible. I have forgotten since. If I could knit, I would knit me a pair of thigh-high loose-knit legwarmers like the ones I have leftover from the 80s. They are awesome for winter. The ones I have are falling apart and I've checked the dance stores and there is nothing to equal them.

Return to “The Alley”