Cameras & Photography

Random and varied thoughts & topics
BFrank
Founding Member

Re: Cameras & Photography

Postby BFrank » July 26th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Nice, Ron! I like the "abstract-ness" of your salmon shot. Could almost be an Impressionist painting.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ron Thorne » July 26th, 2014, 6:13 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » July 26th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Oh, yeah - now I see those salmon in the background. Never would have noticed them. Cool!
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » August 23rd, 2014, 10:46 am

Nice stuff, as usual, Coda. That worker bee looks SURREAL!
Coda
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Coda » August 23rd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Thank you BRrank! That was taken with one of the sigma cameras, I think it's the DP3M.

I just sent my Fuji X100 to LifePixel. http://www.lifepixel.com/?gclid=CJHho9v ... 7AodzCkA1w

I'm converting it to a Super Color IR camera. I should have it back in late September. I'm looking forward to this experiment.
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » August 23rd, 2014, 9:15 pm

That's interesting. Never heard of converting a digital camera to IR.
Should come up with some very unusual color schemes with that.
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » August 24th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Captured on the coast in Malibu yesterday.

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 24th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Very nice image, Justin! I love that Sage plant, a really unique sequential bloom style. I took several shots of a Door's Sage in your brother's yard last year.
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » August 24th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 12th, 2014, 7:17 pm

ValerieB
Founding Member

Postby ValerieB » September 12th, 2014, 10:05 pm

what a treat seeing these photos again with captions, Ron. and of course it thrilled me to see Patti's Dad make it to the cabin again. the work Darren has done just blows my mind, totally.
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » September 12th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Spectacular scenery, Ron. And what a special place for your son to live.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » September 13th, 2014, 2:40 am

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 13th, 2014, 12:16 pm

BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » September 13th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 13th, 2014, 6:49 pm

rlfun

Postby rlfun » September 17th, 2014, 8:38 am

Love all the trip pics, Ron. Very special. And the cabin is magnificent!
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 17th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » November 15th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Coda
Founding Member

Postby Coda » December 7th, 2014, 5:06 am

I pre-ordered this book at least 9 months ago. The release date keeps getting pushed out, now set for Feb 2015 in the US.

Review on Amazon
Within the canon of European photography books it would be difficult to find one more famous, revered and influential as Henri Cartier-Bresson's Images a la Sauvette or, as the American edition is titled, The Decisive Moment.
Its value as an out-of-print collectable has risen over the past few decades resulting in keeping this masterpiece out of the hands of many younger photographers. Finally, after 62 years, it is again seeing the light of day this December with a gorgeous facsimile from the German publishing house Steidl. (Jeffrey Ladd Time Lightbox 2014-10-22)

Within the canon of European photography books it would be difficult to find one more famous, revered and influential as Henri Cartier-Bresson's Images a la Sauvette or, as the American edition is titled, The Decisive Moment.
For new generations of photographers and artists who have missed out on experiencing many of the world's important books first hand, it cannot be stressed enough how important this new edition of The Decisive Moment is for a contemporary audience. "Robert Frank's The Americans and Cartier-Bresson's The Decisive Moment were published within a few years of each other in the 1950s and both books have since become the blueprint for the modern photography book," Steidl says. "When you look at them, the design, the sequencing of the photos and the printing are - even 60 years later - much better than most of the printed books on the market today. My intention in reprinting both has been to analyze the contents of the books, the intention of the photographers, and to print them in exactly the same way, so the next generation can see how these fine books were made and secure the future of photography publishing." (Jeffrey Ladd Time Lightbox 2014-10-22)

Get in line to buy this book, it's likely going to sell out as a pre-order. This is the first time it's ever been reprinted and it's likely not going to get another print run.
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » December 7th, 2014, 11:25 pm

Just saw the Matisse cut outs at MoMA in NYC.
This cover (in Coda's previous post) was included in the exhibit.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » December 14th, 2014, 10:51 pm

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » December 15th, 2014, 7:09 am

Nice. That photo shows more detail than the one you posted on facebook. Actually, now that I've viewed the photo on my phone I think the fault lies with my tablet.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » December 15th, 2014, 11:05 am

Ron, your tree shot almost has a 3D quality to it.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » December 15th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Return to “The Alley”