Treme - The Final Episodes

Random and varied thoughts & topics
Chazro
Founding Member

Treme - The Final Episodes

Postby Chazro » December 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

Treme's coming back tonight at 9 on HBO! Kinda bittersweet as this will be the final season. Produced by the same team that gave us The Wire. On top of being a great show, and the reason it should especially resonate with us here on Jazztalk, the music! Don't think there's EVER been a show where the music is featured so prominently. I'm stoked!
sozamora
Founding Member

Re: Treme - The Final Episodes

Postby sozamora » December 2nd, 2013, 6:58 pm

It was a really good episode too. The Trombone Shorty joint was awesome.
ValerieB
Founding Member

Postby ValerieB » December 3rd, 2013, 12:33 am

i am rather devastated that this fine show is coming to an end. it has been one of my favorite shows in forever. i basically stopped watching tv after some HBO shows ended but this brought me back. it is such quality, aside from covering topics that absolutely resonate strongly. acting is superior. i'm going to be very sad but will be enjoying the next 5 episodes.
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » December 3rd, 2013, 12:16 pm

1st episode we got John Boutte (one of my favorite singers, never would've heard him if not for the show!), Michael Doucet & BeauSoleil, Trombone Shorty, & Ellis Marsalis! Such a treat! That said, the show set the bar SO high the 1st season with John Goodman it's never quite been able to achieve that level since. But it's still mighty fine!
cookie
Founding Member

Postby cookie » December 8th, 2013, 11:41 pm

I love Treme. It's one of my favorite shows of all time. Unfortunately, I don't have HBO right now. Am hoping to binge watch these final show when I visit a buddy in DC 12/29---the night of the finale (she's also a fan). It is probably is the only show on tv that shows working musicians with some accuracy.

Return to “The Alley”