Dick Van Dyke's Jaguar Burns

Random and varied thoughts & topics
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Dick Van Dyke's Jaguar Burns

Postby Ron Thorne » August 20th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Thanks to a Good Samaritan, Van Dyke escaped injury yesterday. His sense of humor is also intact. 8-)

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Tom Storer
Éminence Grise

Re: Dick Van Dyke's Jaguar Burns

Postby Tom Storer » September 3rd, 2013, 5:12 am

I used to enjoy the Dick Van Dyke Show when I was a tot. I remember thinking it was strange that the couple played by Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore slept in separate beds.
Praise Cheeses!
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Re: Dick Van Dyke's Jaguar Burns

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » September 3rd, 2013, 7:37 am

Tom Storer wrote:I used to enjoy the Dick Van Dyke Show when I was a tot. I remember thinking it was strange that the couple played by Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore slept in separate beds.

Tom, that scenario is a result of the network's Standards and Practices department. They dictated what was and was not acceptable on the little screen at that point in time. I remember reading not too long ago that Lucille Ball and Ricky Ricardo had to have at least one foot touching the floor at all times while seated on the bed. Apparently the S&P dept. did not want to give the impression that the married couple actually had sex. And of course there was no such thing as profanity at that time so you never heard it. Those were indeed quaint times.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra

Return to “The Alley”