Trivial Annoyances

Random and varied thoughts & topics
tippy
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trivial Annoyances

Postby tippy » February 22nd, 2014, 10:23 am

I will try it, Scott, thanks. The password issue arises because of my infrequent logins to iTunes over the years. I will say I had an issue last fall when I couldn't figure out how to record a CD even after googling instructions - for some reason my brain doesn't jibe well with the interface and it is hard for me to find things - and iTunes gave me 5 credits (which I haven't used yet).

And it is helpful to know that Apple fans don't like iTunes. I read an article last week in the times that said choose Apple for hardware, Amazon for media, and (I forget the rest now, there were 5 categories).
tippy
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tippy » February 22nd, 2014, 10:26 am

Okay now this is the loopiest thing I've ever seen published.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/ ... n.html.csp
LennyH

Postby LennyH » February 24th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Enough with the effing "hashtag" already.

I feel like I've heard the term like 300 times in the last week. Comedy routines, news stories, etc. Today, on the radio, they quoted someone's twitter post, which had a # in there two or three times and they felt the need to say "hashtag" every single time.

(puke)
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » February 28th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Cem

Postby Cem » February 28th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Cem

Postby Cem » February 28th, 2014, 3:29 pm

walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » February 28th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
Cem

Postby Cem » February 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Mr Horn… nice ta see ya laddie!
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » February 28th, 2014, 4:25 pm

bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 3rd, 2014, 9:23 pm

mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » March 5th, 2014, 7:04 am

Monte Smith
Founding Member

Postby Monte Smith » March 7th, 2014, 11:17 am

Twenty-four years ago, tripping balls, I wrote three important messages from beyond on the only material that was at hand, a KFC bucket lid. Now I remember just two of the three dicta and the only other person who would remember the third is dead.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 12th, 2014, 8:30 am

walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » March 12th, 2014, 12:35 pm

bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 16th, 2014, 7:39 am

pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » March 17th, 2014, 7:46 am

"If humans used their tongues for cleaning themselves rather than talking, the world would be a much better place." - Henri, Le Chat Noir
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » March 18th, 2014, 2:52 am

pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » March 19th, 2014, 7:50 am

"If humans used their tongues for cleaning themselves rather than talking, the world would be a much better place." - Henri, Le Chat Noir
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 19th, 2014, 11:17 am

walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » March 19th, 2014, 4:30 pm

pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » March 20th, 2014, 4:27 am

Thanks Walto, it is quite nice in the summer.

First day of spring and what do you know, more snow (15cm (6") forecast)

But I didn't come here just to bitch about the weather. I came to bitch about people putting "request for read receipt" on their emails. I always click, don't respond since I find the practice obnoxious.
pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » March 25th, 2014, 6:55 am

You guys are probably getting sick of hearing (seeing...?) my whining about the weather, but jeeezus...

BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » March 25th, 2014, 8:16 pm

For those of you annoyed by your weather, you can be annoyed by this message too: I'm in Honolulu for a month. My annoyance is that the three weeks I've been here already I've averaged 107 work hours a week on contract (no overtime). I've only been in three buildings: hotel, office, Don Quijote grocery store.
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » March 26th, 2014, 3:55 am

Monte Smith
Founding Member

Postby Monte Smith » March 26th, 2014, 4:13 am

You New Englanders have it rough in that regard, with heating bills. This has been the coldest winter in five or six years here near the Potomac and I expected astronomical heating bills, but I have to say they haven't been unusually large. Maybe it is because of our fuel, natural gas, which is common around this area but I don't know. Last winter was remarkably mild and this winter is a beast, and the difference in payments is less than a 25% increase. We pay all summer with AC bills, of course. And I should mention that it doesn't matter what my heating bill is because we're always cold, as this Northern Virginia development was built by drunks out of vinyl sheeting and twine.

Return to “The Alley”