Trivial Annoyances

Random and varied thoughts & topics
pig pen
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trivial Annoyances

Postby pig pen » March 26th, 2014, 7:33 am

"If humans used their tongues for cleaning themselves rather than talking, the world would be a much better place." - Henri, Le Chat Noir
BeBop
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BeBop » March 26th, 2014, 9:36 am

bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 29th, 2014, 4:16 am

mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » April 24th, 2014, 7:47 am

That I will never to able to do this:

LennyH

Postby LennyH » April 24th, 2014, 8:10 am

stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » April 24th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Asparagus P
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » April 29th, 2014, 3:11 am

:thinking:
Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » April 29th, 2014, 3:34 pm

"If humans used their tongues for cleaning themselves rather than talking, the world would be a much better place." - Henri, Le Chat Noir
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 8th, 2014, 6:25 am

Many supermarkets provide little motorized scooters for disabled customers. Over the years I couldn't help but notice that the majority of "disabled" customers using these scooter are hugely overweight (pun intended). I can't prove it but I suspect that many, if not most, of the scooter people use these things because they choose to sit on their ass and take the free ride, not because they are truly disabled. I mean, they barrel down the aisles full speed ahead. Don't get in their way or they'll run your ass down.

Anyway, the other day while walking through the supermarket I noticed one of these scooter people tearing down the aisle along with a companion who was walking along side her. Apparently the walker was there to pluck the grocery items off the shelves for the "disabled" friend. I had to laugh out loud when the scooter lady barked out loudly to the walker, "WE NEED TO PICK UP SODA AND POTATO CHIPS!"
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » July 8th, 2014, 9:23 am

More and more I see people bring their kids to the market and don't try to control them as they treat the place like a playground.

Lock 'em in the hot car!
Bright moments
mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » July 8th, 2014, 1:14 pm

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » July 8th, 2014, 3:09 pm

In over a half century dealing with bankers and bank employees, my business necessitated my dealing with them, I came to the conclusion that banks only hire the bottom 3% of the class.
Bright moments
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » August 17th, 2014, 4:21 am

stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » August 17th, 2014, 9:02 am

Fairly valid observation, considering.
mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » August 17th, 2014, 9:34 am

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » August 25th, 2014, 1:10 pm

There are a few things that I don't want the cashier doing while he/she is doing business with me.

1) Please, don't blow your nose.
2) Please, don't sneeze into your hand.
3) And last but not least, do not, I repeat, do not...lick your fingers while counting my change back to me!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 27th, 2014, 9:40 am

Drivers who don't use turn signals or understand right of way. Actually they are not trivial but dangerous.
Bright moments
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » August 27th, 2014, 11:15 am

I just had a very annoying conversation with my urologist's scheduler. I need to have a laser lithotripsy to zap a kidney stone that's been turning me into a Percocet-muncher for nearly four weeks now. Every date she suggested I had a conflict with. Every date I gave her was booked. Most annoying was that literally after every sentence I spoke, she put me on hold to consult her vast scheduling resources.

It's finally scheduled for next Wednesday afternoon - not that convenient for me but if not then, I would have to wait until the 3rd week of September, when my urologist returns from a "conference."

All of which masks the REALLY annoying fact that a guy is going to shove a skinny tube in my schmeckle and play laser tag with a piece of calcium oxalate.
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » August 27th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Schmeckle, gotta remember that. Next time someone annoys me I'm gonna say, "Kiss my schmeckle." Yiddish rules.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » September 6th, 2014, 11:06 am

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » September 24th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Reluctantly, I recently opened an account on facebook. The first thing I did was to reach out to certain friends and family by making friend requests. As a result I have been inundated with friend requests from people that I suspect did not personally send me these requests. This is pretty much pissing me off because it confirms that facebook, for whatever reason, feels it's necessary to shove things down people's throats. How is one to know for sure when people actually initiate contact with you as opposed to it being the powers that be at facebook "drumming up business"? Very exasperating.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 24th, 2014, 3:03 pm

I plead guilty for sending you some of those suggestions, Jimmy. I saw some former JC members I thought you'd like to re-connect with. I agree that some of the FB auto-send stuff can be exasperating, though.
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » September 25th, 2014, 5:50 am

No problem, Ron. I did notice that your name was attached to some of the "suggestions" and I appreciate it. However, as much as I would like to connect to some of those people I don't want to seem too pushy so I will probably take a wait and see attitude. It's too bad the young knuckleheads that run facebook don't have a clue about actual human interaction. Case in point; When filling out my profile, for place of work I put "Happily Retired". As a result my profile says "Works at Happily Retired". Duh, a totally generic and plug-in mentality. Apparently there are robots running the store.
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » September 25th, 2014, 6:49 am

facebook has a list of "people I may know". One of those "people I may know" is Yankee Stadium. Btw, shouldn't it be "people you might know"? Help me out here, Rita.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » September 25th, 2014, 9:58 am

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne

Return to “The Alley”