So, Like…I Just Got Married!

Random and varied thoughts & topics
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jazzooo
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So, Like…I Just Got Married!

Postby Jazzooo » March 1st, 2016, 9:28 am

Been a bit busy lately and haven't taken the time to let folks here know what's up. But almost two years ago, when neither of us were looking, Denise Carla Rosenfeld and I found each other and fell in love. We just had a glorious wedding down here in San Miguel de Allende, surrounded by over 180 friends and family members (many of which fall into both categories, happily). I will post photos later--right now, we're taking my brother and his wife into town to vote in the global primary and then to the Tiangus, a farmer's market/flea market.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: So, Like…I Just Got Married!

Postby Ron Thorne » March 1st, 2016, 11:45 am

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 2nd, 2016, 9:50 am

Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 3rd, 2016, 6:53 am

Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 3rd, 2016, 6:59 am

Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 3rd, 2016, 7:02 am

Very clever Rita! Y bien dicho!
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » March 3rd, 2016, 11:30 am

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

You should never resist the urge to do something like that, Ron!

I can't believe I haven't shared what it was like--it was amazing, truly. The day started with cocktails on the grass next to our dear friends' amazing house/gallery out in the country. My young buddy Remy played his tres cubano while we sipped. At 2, everyone walked on a path of flower petals to the spot under the 800 year old mesquite tree where Susan, our friend and minister, was waiting. Denise and I made our entrance as our friend Maxine sang a song in Hebrew. Then Susan performed a spectacular ceremony that we had helped with but took on a whole new life. Lots of big laughs and also emotional moments. In the middle, the amazing Iraida Noriega and Remy performed Como Fue in Spanish. Then we all toasted and headed up to the patio for lunch, where our caterers--a spectacularly talented swedish couple--were grilling an assortment of arrachera (tender marinated flank steak), chicken and shrimp, without a doubt the best food I'd ever eaten at a catered event.

While we ate, a Cuban trio played and i hopped up for a couple of tunes and then a friend got up and performed a song. After him, I surprised the heck out of my bride by calling Iraida, my brother andy and two other singers plus a rhythm section and we performed a song I'd just written called NOW. Lots of tears and laughs again. Next, a funk powerhouse called Atomic took the stage and dancing began till a DJ took over playing a great mix of Brazilian, '60s pop and Israeli folk songs.

Best day of my life, I think.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » March 3rd, 2016, 7:02 pm

Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 4th, 2016, 4:36 am

Yes, "bride" was the word, Rita. Thanks.

I heard that the man who invented Autocorrect died last week, and that his funfair will be held next monkey.

Return to “The Alley”