Censorship

Random and varied thoughts & topics
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Censorship

Postby A. Kingstone » October 25th, 2013, 5:27 pm

I want none. Parents limit children's access to adult material.

I've been angered over the years by nannyism from the broadcast networks shielding me from a late night 'shit' or 'fuck' or the unpleasant view of a tit. Now I just laugh. Tonight, AMC is showing The Exorcist and bleeped 'Jesus Christ'! Okay sure it was used in vain (whatever that still means) ie: mother of possessed child says it to potential cleansing priest but jesus christ let's get some perspective.

I remember watching Tin Cup on a Canadian network at 2am and they bleeped language. What the fuck?

TV has been reborn with The Sopranos through Breaking Bad and the content is adult. If I had young kids I'd introduce them to these masterpieces when I felt they were ready.

Network television is dead and censorship is 'The Man, keeping us down'.

As a Canadian I'm interested in views from other countries.
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Re: Censorship

Postby steve(thelil) » October 25th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Scott: Please delete this thread.

I don't believe Canadians have the right to complain about American Network TV on a US web site. Next things you know, doctors will be allowed to discuss birth control options with their patients.

As we know, free expression is a slippery slope. And since King Stoner lives on top of the US (look at any map), his anarchism could slide right down that slope and cover us.

Thank you.
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » October 26th, 2013, 7:16 am

Aw. Are you still pissed about the War Of 1812?
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » October 26th, 2013, 10:24 am

It's more that I haven't recovered from my battlefield wound.

But I wasn't actually still pissed until you reminded me.
Tom Storer
Éminence Grise

Postby Tom Storer » October 28th, 2013, 2:05 am

Why, you ****** can ******* my ********! I've never heard such ********. As a matter of fact, I was once with a *********and an ******* and I ******* his ********* while she *********. Never have I seen any ******* more *****, and now to read this ******** on this ******** board just makes me *******.
Praise Cheeses!

Return to “The Alley”