Jazz Corner Posters MIA

Random and varied thoughts & topics
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Re: Jazz Corner Posters MIA

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » August 4th, 2013, 7:43 am

Funny, I have absolutely no recollection of a poster by that name on JC except for the last year or so. Damn, getting old is a bitch.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 4th, 2013, 12:01 pm

moldyfigg wrote:I got an email from LDB with a link to a hilarious utube interview with Mr. Rogers and Paul Chambers.

Would you mind sharing that hilarious link with us, Clint?
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » August 4th, 2013, 1:50 pm

As far as posters that are MIA, kinda surprised Lois hasn't dropped in to give her blessing.
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 4th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Ron Thorne wrote:
moldyfigg wrote:I got an email from LDB with a link to a hilarious utube interview with Mr. Rogers and Paul Chambers.

Would you mind sharing that hilarious link with us, Clint?

I think you can find it in the Mr. Rogers stuff on utube. Mr. Rogers interviews a bass player.
Bright moments
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 4th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Clint, is this the video link LDB shared with you? It's actually an audio clip.

LennyH

Postby LennyH » August 4th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I could be mistaken but IIRC, jazzbluescat's avatar on JC, at least for a time, was alfred e neuman,
uli
Founding Member

Postby uli » August 4th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Ron Thorne wrote:Clint, is this the video link LDB shared with you? It's actually an audio clip.

I miss Deepie.
ValerieB
Founding Member

Postby ValerieB » August 4th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Chazro wrote:As far as posters that are MIA, kinda surprised Lois hasn't dropped in to give her blessing.

well, I know for a fact that she gives us her blessing. but I also know that she's incredibly busy (as usual) with looking for an apartment and traveling a lot, on top of the business stuff she's constantly doing.
Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » August 4th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Scott Dolan wrote:Either way, "is that a threat?" is not a good question to ask me once I've asked you to reel it in. No waving your dick in the face of the people administering the free forums you're posting on is a good rule of thumb that I learned not so long ago.

And like him, I went about learning it the hard way.

1. I read the whole exchange that lead to the "is that a threat" response. I took your comment to obviously be a joke in response...just how do you kick someone in the ass through the internet? Not that have read enough of his posts....I thought he was joking around as well with the "is that a threat".

2. I don't know what went down and I really didn't notice anything "strange about his posts"....but then, he never posted anything strange directed at me.

3. Please don't take this personally...but if anyone finds a way to get Ron to not only start deleting, but agreeing to him/her is deserving of banning....it makes me interested just went down.

Let's be honest....I have gotten on the bad side of people a few times when I didn't even mean to be. You can be sure when I mean to be. There is literally no doubt about it ;) If even I haven't gotten on Ron's bad side....
"There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind."

- Duke Ellington
Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » August 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Chazro wrote:As far as posters that are MIA, kinda surprised Lois hasn't dropped in to give her blessing.

The fact that she is a member says all that needs to be said.

- Duke Ellington
Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » August 4th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Lenny the Guitarist and all his/her 10,000 other handles.

Semi-seriously (okay, not really), just how else is April Lawton's Dr. going to find a place to finally post!

- Duke Ellington
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 5th, 2013, 9:33 am

uli wrote:
Ron Thorne wrote:Clint, is this the video link LDB shared with you? It's actually an audio clip.

I miss Deepie.

Yes, that's the one "egg-o-muffin" Methinks that P.C. may have had some substances racing through his blood stream.
Bright moments
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 5th, 2013, 11:23 am

moldyfigg wrote: Yes, that's the one "egg-o-muffin" Methinks that P.C. may have had some substances racing through his blood stream.

Well, it looks like "Deepie" pulled the wool over your eyes, Clint. Either that or he was duped, too.

Mister (Fred) Rogers was played by Christopher Guest, and the bass player was Bill Murray in that parody. Paul Chambers? :silly:

Not convinced? Click below.

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 5th, 2013, 11:27 am

Damn!

Oh well, it's still funny.
Bright moments
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 5th, 2013, 11:33 am

Blue Train wrote:
3. Please don't take this personally...but if anyone finds a way to get Ron to not only start deleting, but agreeing to him/her is deserving of banning....it makes me interested just went down.

Let's be honest....I have gotten on the bad side of people a few times when I didn't even mean to be. You can be sure when I mean to be. There is literally no doubt about it ;) If even I haven't gotten on Ron's bad side....

Would you please elaborate or restate what you mean in 3., please? And, the final remark, too. :?

Thanks.
Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » August 5th, 2013, 11:51 am

Ron Thorne wrote:
Blue Train wrote:

Would you please elaborate or restate what you mean in 3., please? And, the final remark, too. :?

Thanks.

As in, it takes a whole lot to get you upset....let alone upset enough to ban someone.

- Duke Ellington
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 5th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Blue Train wrote:As in, it takes a whole lot to get you upset....let alone upset enough to ban someone.

Thanks for the clarification, BT.

I back Scott's recent decision. Scott and I are trying to seek a delicate balance, and will always try our best to be fair. That doesn't mean that everyone will always agree with our decisions, though.

Return to “The Alley”