McCoy Tyner — R.I.P.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jtx
Commodore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

McCoy Tyner — R.I.P.

Postby jtx » March 6th, 2020, 6:39 pm

rlfun

Re: McCoy Tyner — R.I.P.

Postby rlfun » March 14th, 2020, 3:59 pm

I remember Ron Thorne telling me that the opening theme to his jazz radio program was Tyner's Blues On the Corner from The Real McCoy. I think of him every time I hear it. :)

One of my faves was Fly With the Wind.
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » March 14th, 2020, 4:06 pm

That's right. And the name of his show on KJZZ-FM Anchorage was On the Corner.
rlfun

Postby rlfun » March 14th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Thanks Justin. I forgot that his show was called that, too. What a cool cat.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » March 15th, 2020, 9:08 am

Thanks for a reason to think of Ron. RIP Mr. Tyner.

Return to “R.I.P. (Jazz)”