JT Slowing? Where's Ron?

Major items of interest to all
jtx
Commodore

JT Slowing? Where's Ron?

Postby jtx » February 24th, 2018, 12:08 pm

The answers to these two questions are closely connected, as both relate to this site's founder and operator, and my dad, Ron Thorne.

As some of you already know, the end of 2017 brought on health worries, with a sinister, life-threatening bout with pneumonia that hit him in November. After a lengthy stay in the hospital, he was discharged just in time to be able to spend Christmas at home with his family, including all his kids and grandkids, and since his return, a full recovery has been his day-in day-out ambition and focus of his energies. I should add that he is making excellent progress.

This effort has necessarily meant a temporary lull in his activity on the site. However, he is still monitoring and posting on occasion, so please do your best to support Ron in his recovery by filling in the gaps and adding your own posts, or even a word of support here. Easy to do, right?

Or, if you just want to post what you're listening to lately, or suggest some listening for Ron, go for it.

Here is a band I stumbled across today. A jazz trio of piano, cello and drums based in Germany, called Trio Metrik.

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: JT Slowing? Where's Ron?

Postby Ron Thorne » May 28th, 2018, 11:19 am

Here is some very current news:

Yesterday, I was able to fully leave our house and enjoy sitting in our front yard for the 1st time in over 5 months. My oxygen needs and overall pulmonary health had become too much to deal with over this time frame. Finally, my O2 saturation, strength and balance were sufficient.
The air was cool, but the freedom and comfort established for me by Patti was very warm and loving.

Me sitting in our front yard with the sunshine and a cool breeze. My beloved Rhododendron is directly behind me in a corner of our house.
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Lewis Tater

Postby Lewis Tater » June 5th, 2018, 7:51 pm

I hope your upswing continues, Ron. Bright Moments...

LT
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » June 6th, 2018, 9:42 am

I don't get around (the Internet) much anymore, but my thoughts are with you, Ron. I hope the improvements are rapid and you're back at it here regularly.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 6th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Thanks so much Lewis and BeBop. I really appreciate your sentiments. Even small improvements are more noticeable now, which is a welcome status change.

It's posters such as you who keep me dedicated to this little board.

Ron ~
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 1st, 2018, 8:39 am

I'm feeling better by the day, enough so that i can enjoy our hammock in the front yard, and our favorite pizza joint after seven ( 7 ) months of exile.

My new Grado headphones are keeping me very happy. Absolutely NO buyer's remorse!

There is much work yet to do, however.

Return to “Announcements”