Crimea

Post your political nonsense here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
walto
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crimea

Postby walto » March 19th, 2014, 4:44 pm

:thinking:
Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
walto
Founding Member

Re: Crimea

Postby walto » March 20th, 2014, 2:28 am

Monte Smith
Founding Member

Postby Monte Smith » March 20th, 2014, 3:34 am

There is a reason the Russians colonized and ethnically cleansed Crimea generations ago: so that it would be Russian. Sheesh.
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » March 20th, 2014, 11:39 am

Sevastopol is Russia's only warm water port. They aren't going to turn it over to NATO.

Given that Russia has been invaded by the West on and off since the 13th century, starting with the Teutonic Knights, and, more recently Napoleon and Hitler, Putin thought it strategically wise to maintain a critical military base.
Monte Smith
Founding Member

Postby Monte Smith » March 20th, 2014, 11:53 am

I just hope Obama is as furiously Googling "Crimea" as his supporters and detractors on the internet are.
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » April 9th, 2014, 2:57 am

BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » April 9th, 2014, 6:20 am

I've spent years in the region (Eastern Europe, Central Asia, the USSR and former components thereof). For me, it's like my experience of he United States: there are the people and there is the politics/government. I care deeply about one and the other only to extent that it affects the part I care about.

As a person not directly affected, I've no right to an opinion. They - these people - remain in my heart.
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » April 9th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Return to “Politics”