NYC Shows September

Please post upcoming gigs here.
Steve Reynolds
Founding Member

NYC Shows September

Postby Steve Reynolds » August 25th, 2014, 7:38 am

Well these are the shows I am attending between September 4th & 13th:

I am hoping someone or anyone here (or there or wherever) will join me for at least one of these concerts!!

9/4: Ches Smith Trio with Mat Maneri (viola) and Craig Taborn (piano) @ Greenwich House 8:00 (I would expect 2 sets)

9/5: Kris Davis Trio with Mat Maneri (viola) and Tyshawn Sorey (drums) @ Cornelia Street Cafe 9:00 & 10:30

9/9: Evan Parker @ The Stone:

8:00 EP with John Escreet (piano), John Hebert (bass) and Tyshawn Sorey (drums)
10:00 EP with Joe McPhee (trumpet), Barre Phillips (bass)and Chris Corsano (drums)

Barre Phillips just added. This is an amazing addition to the line-up as the great bassist has not been in the U.S. in quite a few years

9/10: Evan Parker @ The Stone:

8:00: Fred Van Hove solo piano followed by EP with FVH, Charles Evans (saxophones) and Peter Evans (trumpet)

10:00: adds Hebert and Sorey to the above!!!

9/13: Lucien Ban/Mat Maneri quintet with Tony Malaby (tenor and soprano saxophones), Bob Stewart (tuba) and Billy Mintz (drums) @ Cornelia Street Cafe 9:00 & 10:30

Get Ready to Receive Yourself
bluenoter
Concierge

Re: NYC Shows September

Postby bluenoter » August 25th, 2014, 8:14 am

Thanks for all that info., Steve!

I look forward to hanging with you someday, but I'm pretty sure that it can't be during that stretch of September.

Steve Reynolds wrote:9/13: Lucien Ban/Mat Maneri quintet with Tony Malaby (tenor and soprano saxophones), Bob Stewart (tuba) and Billy Mintz (drums) @ Cornelia Street Cafe 9:00 & 10:30

That gig tempts me the most (aside from not knowing anything about Billy Mintz), but I plan to be

Steve Reynolds
Founding Member

Re: NYC Shows September

Postby Steve Reynolds » August 25th, 2014, 8:51 am

I've seen Mintz once and he was very good. I think he will be the right guy for this band. The first time this new quintet played back in the spring, Gerald Cleaver was at the drum kit, and he was a bit too understated that night, IMO. The band as a whole was very very good. Very very unpredictable as I expected! I expect more of the same unpredictability!!!!

Return to “Gigs”