Big-Band Jazz - D.C. Area

Please post upcoming gigs here.
DIS

Big-Band Jazz - Washington, DC, suburb of Greenbelt - SUNDAY

Postby DIS » January 9th, 2014, 10:46 am

Big Band Tradition, an 18-piece big band will perform at the New Deal Café on Sunday, January 12, from 5:00 until 8:00. The group will perform a variety of instrumental and vocal pieces from all periods of big-band music--Glenn Miller through Maynard Ferguson and beyond. The New Deal Café is at 113 Centerway, Greenbelt, a short drive from the University of Maryland. Admission is free, gratuity appreciated, reservations suggested: 301-474-5642.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » January 9th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Hi, DIS! I quoted your post #1 in the Jazztalk Central thread Jazz in Washington & Baltimore (#18).

Edit: And I quoted your post #5 in the same Jazztalk Central thread (#25).
DIS

Postby DIS » January 9th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Thanks for your notice, bluenoter.
DIS

Postby DIS » January 13th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Had a capacity crowd of enthusiastic listeners. Well, probably not Jazztalk people but jazz people.

I'd certainly like to see Jazztalk flourish. It's only in its infancy.
DIS

Big-Band Jazz - D.C. Area

Postby DIS » April 28th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Big-Band Jazz - Greenbelt, MD, a Washington, DC, suburb - SUNDAY, MAY 4

Big Band Tradition, an 18-piece big band will perform at the New Deal Café on Sunday, May 4, from 6:00 until 9:00. The performance will include a variety of instrumental and vocal pieces from all periods of big-band music--Glenn Miller, Harry James, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Woody Herman, Stan Kenton, Buddy Rich, Doc Severinsen, Maynard Ferguson, and beyond.

The New Deal Café is at 113 Centerway, Greenbelt, a short drive from the University of Maryland, just outside the Capital beltway. Admission is free, gratuity appreciated (I think we broke the club record last visit). Reservations suggested but not required: 301-474-5642.

Return to “Gigs”