Cheap, non-audiophile, CD player

Discuss equipment, technology, problems, nostalgia, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jwaggs
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cheap, non-audiophile, CD player

Postby jwaggs » February 14th, 2015, 3:53 pm

I use a CD player to listen to song I am trying to learn to play on piano. The one I have only works about half the time. It has to be a box with a speaker. Any recommendations for something cheap?
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: Cheap, non-audiophile, CD player

Postby Ron Thorne » February 14th, 2015, 5:37 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » February 14th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Not CHEAP cheap, but you can pick up a Bose CD player for a couple hundred bucks. Here's a changer for $249:

Note: I would NOT be recommending this if you wanted high quality sound!
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 14th, 2015, 8:38 pm

Yea, what I have now is cheap, which is why it broke and doesn't now do what I want it to do. I might have to look at something like the Bise or just something I can plug headphones in.

I have Czerny exercise books with CDs, and I like to listen to what they are supposed to sound like. (I usually make hash out of them!)
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 14th, 2015, 11:29 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 15th, 2015, 7:54 am

You can find a cheap CD player for around $50. I have one, but it doesn't work now. It will play, but tends to stop in a middle of a track, making it essentially useless.

Mine is like a mini boom box

Sony used to make durable devices -- I don't know if they still have that reputation.

The next step up seems to be the Bose outfits, with go for between $250-500. Cambridge Soundsystems used to make something similar.

After that, I suppose the sky is the limit.

As for cheap, I would say between $50 and $250.

If I can't find a little box, I am thinking the easiest and cheapest thing to do would be to load the CDs to my iPod and plug in a little speaker.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » February 15th, 2015, 6:30 pm

How 'bout a boombox?

$29

$30

Deeeeeluxe with MP3 $42
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » February 16th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Yea, I think that's the route I'm going to take.

Return to “Audiophiles”