Martin Logan Electromotion ESL

Discuss equipment, technology, problems, nostalgia, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BeBop
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Martin Logan Electromotion ESL

Postby BeBop » September 7th, 2013, 10:20 am

I've had Sound Labs, Acoustat, Magnepan, Quad and I've sold a few others, Apogee in particular. Good luck to you.
Tom Storer
Éminence Grise

Postby Tom Storer » September 7th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Scott, I see you are speaking Greek! How fascinating, and yet mysterious.

;-)
Praise Cheeses!
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » September 7th, 2013, 4:30 pm

If you continue to favor the Martin Logans you might mention to Ms. Claus that they are frequently on sale or closeout through AudioAdvisor. http://www.audioadvisor.com/products.as ... w_all=true

...or at least free shipping, no tax...
This is assuming that you do not and will not need the support of a local dealer, if there IS even a local dealer selling Martin Logans (other than a Best Buy/Magnolia, both of whom I believe have carried the brand.)
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » September 7th, 2013, 10:36 pm

I've heard various electrostats thru the years, and they've all been impressive. But I've NEVER heard any of them thru an HK receiver. The one thing these spkrs all had in common were that they were all being driven/amped by some serious gear. You absolutely do not have to go out and buy megabuck gear, but.....what yr thinking about doing is akin to buying a set of premium radials and throwing them on a jalopy! ;)
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » September 8th, 2013, 9:18 am

Seems like I stuck a nerve, sorry dude! Stereo equipment has been a hobby of mine for over 30 yrs. That being the case, I totally understand where yr coming from. Us boys and our toys can be a prickly lot! Me and my bullshit lack of knowledge hope u get what u want for Xmas!
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » December 3rd, 2013, 1:37 pm

Return to “Audiophiles”