DeeDee Bridgewater as Lady Day

Post your review of a Jazz event or a review you've seen. If it's not your review, please include URL or other attribution.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hornplayer
Founding Member

DeeDee Bridgewater as Lady Day

Postby hornplayer » September 27th, 2013, 10:41 am

I tried to write this Wednesday, but for some goofy reason my computer (work) would not let me access the site.

Tuesday night DeeDee Bridgewater opened Off Broadway in a play about the last days of Billie Holiday called "Lady Day."

She was amazing, both musically and theatrically. the show was fabulous. The band was onstage and was part of the cast. Lines, personalities, everything. DeeDee literally channeled Billie. I was not the only one in the audience who was dumfounded.

There was a lot more music in this play than one would expect to find in a dramatic story. It was literally one song after another.

If you get the chance to see it, don't pass it up.
Life's short, drink well.
Hornplayer
www.feastivals.com/blog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Live Music Reviews”