Ralph Peterson's Jazz Messenger Legacy Band at Scullers Jazz Club-Boston

Post your review of a Jazz event or a review you've seen. If it's not your review, please include URL or other attribution.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
makpjazz57
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ralph Peterson's Jazz Messenger Legacy Band at Scullers Jazz Club-Boston

Postby makpjazz57 » October 18th, 2018, 4:44 am

]Hi All,

Some of you might know I'm the box office supervisor at Scullers, so at the end of the work day, I get to pop right into the club and hear some outstanding music. Such was the case last week. Drummer Ralph Peterson was celebrating Art Blakey's 99th birthday and he had an all-star alumni band with him: Bobby Watson, Bill Pierce, Geoff Keezer, Essiet Okun Essiet and Brian Lynch. Need I mention the music was off the charts and audience and band had a great time. This was on Oct 11. The next two nights, Ralph and the very same band were at The Side Door in CT and they were recording for two nights. Can't wait for that release, expected sometime in February 2019.

En route to work soon, but if I can figure out how to post some clips of this band, will do at a later time.

Marla
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: Ralph Peterson's Jazz Messenger Legacy Band at Scullers Jazz Club-Boston

Postby Ron Thorne » October 24th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Thanks for the update on Art Blakey's 99th via Ralph Peterson.

Would love to hear the results..
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne

Return to “Live Music Reviews”