Vicente/Pinheiro/Faustino/Franco - Clocks and Clouds

Please post reviews with artist's name, followed by the title of the recording.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CraigP

Vicente/Pinheiro/Faustino/Franco - Clocks and Clouds

Postby CraigP » July 5th, 2014, 11:06 am

Portuguese trumpeter Luis Vicente utilizes two-thirds of the RED Trio on Clocks and Clouds from FMR Records. Here’s an excerpt from my review:

“Based on my limited experience with the RED Trio’s music, I thought Clocks and Clouds was going to be a minimal, lower-case affair. Boy was I wrong, but gladly so, because this is a free improv record that has some muscle…

Vincente does a nice job expressing himself through both traditional and extended techniques, with the open horn and with a mute. Pinheiro sounds like two piano players at times, exploring the extremes of both the lower and upper registers of his instrument. The RED Trio is a group that’s never really clicked for me for some reason, but with Franco in the driver’s seat things really take flight.”

You can read the full review of Clocks and Clouds on Improvised Blog:

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Vicente/Pinheiro/Faustino/Franco - Clocks and Clouds

Postby Ron Thorne » July 24th, 2014, 6:49 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
CraigP

Re: Vicente/Pinheiro/Faustino/Franco - Clocks and Clouds

Postby CraigP » July 28th, 2014, 5:34 pm

You are welcome!

Return to “Record Reviews”