Dave Holland/Kevin Eubanks/Craig Taborn/Eric Harland - Prism

Please post reviews with artist's name, followed by the title of the recording.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
peterdubya
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dave Holland/Kevin Eubanks/Craig Taborn/Eric Harland - Prism

Postby peterdubya » October 4th, 2013, 6:46 pm

This CD is FANTASTIC all the way through. Dave has topped the quintet at their best. This is magnificent recording. Eubanks is soaring throughout. He uses a lot of effects and plays his behind off. Taborn is right there, perhaps not as out front as Eubanks. Harland is always great, and Holland is at his best.

I'm writing this on my phone as I wait for take out food. Will add more later but GET THIS CD!!

One tune Dave walks at high speed and it's so good to hear.

It's got all the things you want from Dave Holland, odd time signatures, great soloing, a pulse throughout. .
ValerieB
Founding Member

Re: Dave Holland/Kevin Eubanks/Craig Taborn/Eric Harland - P

Postby ValerieB » October 4th, 2013, 8:22 pm

the absolute worst part of the Monterey Jazz Festival for me was missing Dave and Prism's performance. and tonight they're playing at a festival in L.A. and i'm not there!

second worst part of the MJF was not seeing YOU there!!

I will most definitely be purchasing this cd! thanks!
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » October 5th, 2013, 6:52 am

Agreed killer album!

I'd say a fantastic new project in it's own right, but not a measuring device against/besides other DH bands.
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » October 5th, 2013, 1:21 pm

Saw them at SFJazz earlier this year. Good show, but I think I agree with Mike's assessment of the project overall.
They're playing there again tomorrow night - but I'm not going to make that one.

Return to “Record Reviews”