Who I is.

Who are you? Let us know!
steve(thelil)
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Who I is.

Postby steve(thelil) » October 9th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ron Thorne » October 9th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Welcome to our newest member, PaintedPostDave. Glad to see you here!
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 21st, 2014, 7:25 pm

Please accept my apologies for not welcoming new members for some time. :oops:

Welcome, sthompson, Tyran Grillo, DIS, crawjo, and Petra_sibe!

We're glad to have you among us and hope that you'll post soon and often.

Edited
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 22nd, 2014, 12:55 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 22nd, 2014, 9:36 pm

Cem

Postby Cem » February 28th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Hey, JC'ers… I guess, never is a long time!
Not sure why, but finally I registered here before the supposedly pending apocalypse.
I must've missed you all a bit. Hoping everyone is reasonably well and still enjoying music.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » February 28th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » February 28th, 2014, 7:36 pm

LennyH

Postby LennyH » March 1st, 2014, 11:06 am

Hey Cem! Good to see you. Hope you stick around.
Cem

Postby Cem » March 1st, 2014, 3:34 pm

Hello, folks!
Something different about this medium... more importantly the people, I guess. I'm friends with many JC'ers on fb, but lack of constraints (?) make that experience less rewarding in some ways, maybe.
Harold_Z

Postby Harold_Z » May 25th, 2014, 5:51 am

Harold_Z here. Always glad to talk jazz!
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » May 26th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Welcome, Harold! Talk/post away.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » May 26th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » May 26th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Good one, BeBop! I flashed on Harold Land earlier, too. :music:
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » June 26th, 2014, 8:14 am

So I finally figured out to log in. Be afraid, very afraid
Bright moments
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » June 26th, 2014, 9:21 am

CraigP

Postby CraigP » June 28th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Hi, CraigP here, jazz message board veteran ;) I blog at Improvised, glad to be aboard.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 28th, 2014, 1:57 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 2nd, 2014, 11:25 am

Mebobo

Postby Mebobo » July 5th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Hi everyone. from the Seattle area here. Long time jazz lover since first being introduced to Miles my last year of high school when some musician had me listen to Bitches Brew. I was lucky enough to be in the "sweet spot" of the beginning of the jazz fusion movement, to which I am grateful and humbled to have seen blossom. Had the pleasure of seeing several of the greats during those years.

How can one listen to Miles fusion work without wondering what preceded it? So I began to listen to the 60's works with Ron Carter, Tony Williams and Wayne Shorter. That said, I'd have to pick E.S.P. as one of my top 10 all time favorite albums.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July weekend and great music is a part of it. Thanks to our Board creator for keeping things going!

Mike
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » July 5th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Welcome Mike. Glad to have you here. Seattle's a great place. (Biased: UW grad)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » July 5th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Welcome aboard, Mike! Lots of topics here to choose from, so feel free to jump right in. :)
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 5th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Mebobo

Postby Mebobo » July 6th, 2014, 6:21 am

Yes indeed, those years in Anchorage were some of the best of my life. Who would have thunk that one of the finest jazz radio stations in the country resided in Anchorage, a city of around 220,000 mid-70's! For a kid who was planning on working on the Alaska pipeline for a few months for some labor earned cash and move back to Seattle, imagine my joy in hearing a full time jazz station. Seattle did not have one at that time. Ten years later (never worked on the pipeline) I moved back! FYI, the station sadly changed it's format from jazz to rock (although it was a great rock station too!) and the call letters KJZZ now reside in the Phoenix, Arizona area as an NPR station. K-Jazz lives!

Perhaps Ron and I can share a memory or two of some of the artists that came through town. One that comes to mind is Eddie Harris before he passed away. Although I don't remember the show in any detail, I do remember that Ron had Eddie over for a barbeque at his house after the show (during the summer when the sun never goes down!). What a gracious, fun guy he was! One of the many very talented, humble legends indeed.
onlinejazz

Postby onlinejazz » July 7th, 2014, 4:03 am

Hi Everyone

Today is my day in this forum.

I am a professional jazz musician based in New York, who loves to share her extensive knowledge of music through her articles and blogs.

Return to “Step right up and introduce yourself!”