Who I is.

Who are you? Let us know!
ValerieB
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Who I is.

Postby ValerieB » June 27th, 2013, 5:38 pm

this will be absolutely wonderful, especially if only a modicum of irritants prevail!! and if it does get going, I will be happy to contribute $$.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ron Thorne » June 27th, 2013, 6:55 pm

As you can plainly see, my name is Ron, and I'll be hangin' around to see what happens with this new venture.

I'm a romantic, and tireless jazz enthusiast and musician/educator.
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
mike schwartz

Postby mike schwartz » June 27th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I'm in too....real name as well

All the best to us all
Tom Storer
Éminence Grise

Postby Tom Storer » June 27th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Tom Storer is the name, blithely blithering is my game. Let's bring back message boards! If we do this right, we'll cause the demise of Facebook.
Praise Cheeses!
pig pen
Founding Member

Postby pig pen » June 28th, 2013, 4:09 am

I'm the poster formerly known as claude.

I'm with Tom, down with facebook!
"If humans used their tongues for cleaning themselves rather than talking, the world would be a much better place." - Henri, Le Chat Noir
Tanager
Founding Member

Postby Tanager » June 28th, 2013, 4:29 am

Tanager here, which is one of the two names by which I go online, the other being my real name, Sandy Cash. I don't mind FB, but I find it an utterly unsuitable framework for conducting actual discussions, and frankly I've missed this crowd.
mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » June 28th, 2013, 5:41 am

Michael Burn is my name. I currently live in downtown Toronto which is, sadly, not much of a jazz town. My first jazz purchase, in 1967, was Pyramid by MJQ, the second was Giuseppi Logan Quartet. The mere scope of the music blew me away. It still does.
Dr Dave
Founding Member

Postby Dr Dave » June 28th, 2013, 8:29 am

Present.
LennyH

Postby LennyH » June 28th, 2013, 8:30 am

sozamora
Founding Member

Postby sozamora » June 28th, 2013, 8:34 am

Sergio O Zamora. As the inimitable Paula Deen would say: I is what I is.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » June 28th, 2013, 10:33 am

I'm Bebop at the "O" board, on AAJ, JazzCorner (RIP), rec.music.bluenote, West Coast Jazz yahoo group...just as I was at Blue Note Bulletin Board, Jazz Central Station and all the rest of 'em, back to when Birds roamed the Earth.

Hope to do more participating and less lurking here.

Incidentally, I only listen to Dixieland.
Blue Train

Postby Blue Train » June 28th, 2013, 10:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1GrP6thz-k

Some have asked. Some have wondered...why Blue Train? My mother's favorite Jazz recording.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » June 28th, 2013, 10:42 am

Blue Train

Postby Blue Train » June 28th, 2013, 10:47 am

Harry
Founding Member

Postby Harry » June 28th, 2013, 11:18 am

My name is Harry, I live in Hoboken, NJ. I work in Manhattan as a commercial Artist. I found the Jazz corner earlier this week, but as it was going away I didn't join.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » June 28th, 2013, 11:25 am

steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » June 28th, 2013, 1:11 pm

I'm steve(thelil). I'm a fucking saint and the moral beacon of the Internet. I've been alive forever. I wrote the very first boner thread.
stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » June 29th, 2013, 5:06 am

Hi, I'm Patrick White on Facebook. I am a mild mannered gentleman residing in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania, where many other things are endless, aside from the mountains.
Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » June 29th, 2013, 5:23 am

The artist formerly known as Jazzooo, Doug Robinson, reporting as requested. Hi all--and mjb! Good to see you here.
LennyH

Postby LennyH » June 29th, 2013, 7:18 am

Glad to see the member list growing fast, including people who weren't really posting at JC.

I'm Lenny Hertzler (in real life and on Facebook). LennyH on Jazz Corner. I live in Wilmington, Delaware, which is pretty much part of the Philly Suburbs. Yes, Delaware is a state.
drumsolo
Founding Member

Postby drumsolo » June 29th, 2013, 8:50 am

This is me, the guy who is glad to finally be rid of the nickname me wag. Just letting you know so you can start ignoring me.
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » June 29th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 29th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Welcome, everyone. Glad to see you here. And, thanks for letting us know prior pseudonyms, aliases and nicknames. That helps.

There is still a fair amount of work to do, but Scott got things up and running and we're trying to customize slowly but surely. It's all new, but kind of exciting too.
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » June 29th, 2013, 6:31 pm

This is Mike Schwartz.....my new user name GPMikey [Grandpa Mikey my official GP title]

mike schwartz and my original pw just refuses to work at this moment.

I think that if we all make an effort to say what we like/dislike about recordings and live performances instead of only listing them might be a wise thing to keep a musical spark alive which left the old place for the most part.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 29th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Return to “Step right up and introduce yourself!”