Retirement

Random and varied thoughts & topics
walto
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Retirement

Postby walto » March 1st, 2015, 6:11 pm

Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
walto
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby walto » March 2nd, 2015, 1:49 pm

jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » March 2nd, 2015, 3:26 pm

Pat is around ... give him a day or two.

I did the same thing for my wife... I took a penalty, so she'll get 100% of my pension after I die.
Jazzooo
Founding Member

Postby Jazzooo » March 2nd, 2015, 4:13 pm

Jwaggs--I will be 59.5 in March, but I'll still be taking $ from my IRA and paying taxes on it, without much income. It will be great to not have to pay the 10% penalty, though.
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » March 2nd, 2015, 6:50 pm

hornplayer
Founding Member

Postby hornplayer » March 4th, 2015, 9:48 am

Life's short, drink well.
Hornplayer
www.feastivals.com/blog
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » March 4th, 2015, 7:08 pm

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » March 5th, 2015, 11:17 am

I fully retired at age 74 and have followed the rule to do very little - slowly.
Bright moments
jwaggs
Founding Member

Postby jwaggs » March 6th, 2015, 6:24 am

Nice that you can do very little -- slowly. I don't have that option. But I am "only" 62, so that might be the difference. You had 12 more full-time working years than me.
hornplayer
Founding Member

Postby hornplayer » March 6th, 2015, 6:42 am

At 62 I wasn't even thinking about retirement. and to tell the truth, I'm still not planning to "retire," except from my SDJ. I will definitely be actively doing something remunerative. May go back to teaching music, haven't figured it out yet.
Life's short, drink well.
Hornplayer
www.feastivals.com/blog
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » March 6th, 2015, 11:05 am

At 62 I could do a helluva lot of things that I can't do now.
Bright moments
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » March 7th, 2015, 6:22 am

Which reminds me of the Moms Mabley joke:

Old man sitting on a park bench. Young boy comes walking by, crying. Old man asks the young boy why he's crying. Young boy says, "Because I can't do what the big boys do". Old man cried too.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra

Return to “The Alley”