Clues

Random and varied thoughts & topics
BeBop
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Clues

Postby BeBop » July 19th, 2014, 4:38 am

Post them here, for the good of all mankind.

Restaurants: If a lone businessperson comes in with an armload of papers OR a pair of business people come in. Do not seat them between the family with six loud children and the birthday party for the14 year old girl. Same rule for people who are on a first date.

Bus drivers: The stop is where the person is standing, not at your pre-conceived stop location 10 metres away. (Safety considerations aside)
bluenoter
Concierge
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Clues

Postby bluenoter » July 19th, 2014, 7:55 am

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 19th, 2014, 7:57 am

Drivers on the highway: When changing lanes, signal. Furthermore, signal before you start to change lanes, not after you've already cut someone off.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » July 19th, 2014, 8:10 am

I got nuthin.

Then again I'm frequently clueless.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » July 19th, 2014, 8:50 am

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 19th, 2014, 12:09 pm

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » July 20th, 2014, 9:29 am

For people in the check out line: Eventually you're going to have to pay for all those thing you're buying. That means money or some other form of payment. Give it a little thought, maybe even prepare by pulling out your wallet, before someone insists.
stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » July 20th, 2014, 9:45 am

For drivers: GET OFF MY ASS. IT WILL NOT END WELL ONE OF THESE DAYS.

Also, if you can obviously see ahead that a car is in the middle lane going 5 mph over the limit, and you, for whatever fuck reason, need to go 15 over, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE 2 FEET FROM THE GOOD DRIVER TO PASS. That too WILL NOT END WELL ONE OF THESE DAYS.

That's all I have, but give me time.

This reminds me of trivial annoyances. Maybe both are related.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » July 20th, 2014, 11:19 am

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » July 20th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Bright moments
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » August 21st, 2014, 7:38 am

BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » August 22nd, 2014, 5:01 pm

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 22nd, 2014, 6:27 pm

BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » August 24th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Ron,
A roundabout answer. I haven't watched television (or movies) since 1978. When people find out, they often say "Oh, I don't watch TV either, except for PBS (Public Broadcasting)"...as if that is somehow better than whatever else. I guess they feel special.

My first shopping experiences at Whole Foods and Trader Joes were circa 1990 and 1977, respectively. These days, people (some - not all) shop at these places believing that they are on some plane above the rest of the grocery world. ("They" in this sentence refers to both store and shopper.) People write petitions asking local "authorities" to lobby the stores to come to their towns. I've no idea whether "incentives" are offered, but it's really a sickness. With their noses in the air, they can't see where they're walking.

You see it with the burger places too: Shake Shack, Habit, Burgerville, Counter, Smashburger... (I guess Five Guys is now passe; I'm vegetarian, so I don't really pay attention).

I go on about it, but it really isn't that big a deal to me. If I'm out of carrots and there's a Whole Foods across the street, yeah, okay.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 24th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Thanks for your response, BeBop. I appreciate your candor.

Glad that you're "doing" Jazztalk. :whew:
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » August 26th, 2014, 2:02 pm

:music:

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 27th, 2014, 9:37 am

Bright moments
tippy
Founding Member

Postby tippy » September 5th, 2014, 8:08 pm

I don't know if this is a bizarro Utah thing, but if I am waiting to make a left turn and you are making a right turn onto the same road, YOU have the right of way so take it (goddamnit).
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » September 6th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Mr. Met
Founding Member

Postby Mr. Met » September 7th, 2014, 12:14 pm

If you're walking down the street and you're glued to your Smartphone, don't give me a hard time because you bumped into me.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » January 1st, 2015, 5:41 pm

If you "specialize" in more than two things, you have no credibility here.
Tom Storer
Éminence Grise

Postby Tom Storer » January 5th, 2015, 2:13 am

Supermarket shoppers: do not leave your jumbo overloaded cart in the middle of the aisle blocking others while you ponder which of the 50 varieties of breakfast cereal to buy. Also, shoppers: when you meet a pal, do not stop with your carts to chat at length right in an intersection of aisles so that no one can move in any direction. Just experienced these things while in Ireland over Christmas.
Praise Cheeses!
BFrank
Founding Member

Postby BFrank » January 5th, 2015, 11:13 am

Attention, supermarket shoppers: if there is not a designated 'bagger' in your line, please pitch in with packing your groceries. The checkout person could use the help, and the people waiting in line would appreciate the shorter wait.

Pet Peeve: The word "unique" should NEVER have a qualifier - it means 'one-of-a-kind.' So saying that something is "very unique" or "totally unique" makes NO sense whatsoever. It's either 'unique' or it's not.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » January 5th, 2015, 6:18 pm

:?
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » January 5th, 2015, 7:00 pm

If you must play the lottery don't fix at the grocery store.

At sporting évents don't wave at the TV cameras.

If you must use cologne or perfume a little dab'l do you.

Return to “The Alley”