Trivial Annoyances

Random and varied thoughts & topics
tippy
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Trivial Annoyances

Postby tippy » July 29th, 2013, 7:29 pm

When are consumers going to figure out that seedless watermelons with their strangely mottled flesh and lack of flavor are CRAP?
Blue Train
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trivial Annoyances

Postby Blue Train » July 30th, 2013, 8:49 am

"There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind."

- Duke Ellington
drumsolo
Founding Member

Postby drumsolo » August 4th, 2013, 11:45 am

I agree, all those tiny little seeds are gross.
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » August 4th, 2013, 1:23 pm

moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 4th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Don't get me started on seedless avocados.
Bright moments
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » August 4th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Fuck watermelons!

I hate pop culture and media charting every move of Justin Bieber (for instance).

JB puked in a bucket. Pot found on JB's bus.

What do they expect?

The ROYAL baby.

Drugs in sport.

I feel better. Thank you.
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » August 4th, 2013, 6:16 pm

A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » August 4th, 2013, 7:32 pm

jaka
Founding Member

Postby jaka » August 7th, 2013, 5:56 am

Looking for a replacement to my 23-year old car, I just discovered that most recent vehicles don't have cd players anymore, not even as an option. Bluetooth is the new thing, but what if you don't use your phone to store and listen to music? :(
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Jaka, don't most new cars also have a USB port/Aux In? When Patti & I rent cars on vacation, we use our iPod in addition to the car radio and simply plug into the available USB port via a short cable. You could even use a thumb drive.

"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » August 7th, 2013, 3:08 pm

"There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind."

- Duke Ellington
jaka
Founding Member

Postby jaka » August 8th, 2013, 12:28 am

The idea was also to avoid using digitized music (and I have no iPod... Still using portable cd players when on the move - I'm a dinosaur, I know) and continue to be able to choose a disc from the shelves right before leaving in the morning and put it in the car.
Multi-disc player in the trunk might be the solution in the end.
A. Kingstone
Founding Member

Postby A. Kingstone » August 8th, 2013, 4:55 am

steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » August 8th, 2013, 7:25 am

You can't beat those portable cd players with the 10 second overwrite.

:lol: :ghost: :clown: 8-)
moldyfigg
Founding Member

Postby moldyfigg » August 8th, 2013, 11:04 am

Bright moments
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » August 8th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Most cars still have CD's but some are being eliminated now and more will be in time
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » August 8th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Mike: I assume you mean that most new cars still have cd players. Is that right?

Since vinyl is making a small comeback, I'm still betting on 8-track cartridge players.
jaka
Founding Member

Postby jaka » August 8th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Mike is right. Many cars still have cd players, but I should have precised that THE models I had views on (from the manufacturer I trust because I had a previous one from them which lasted 23 or so years without any problem) and that I can afford don't. Hence the disappointment.
Now, if I have to go through the process of selecting another model from another manufacturer... Switched to another annoyance.

But I'll investigate the mini-jack connection thing before. :|
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » August 8th, 2013, 6:49 pm

Jaka, if you don't mind sharing this info, what make/model are you interested in purchasing?

Patti & I also have a vehicle we bought a long time ago, but it's not quite in your category yet. Our car is 15 years old, a VW Passat GLS, which had a dedicated space in the trunk for a Panasonic 6-CD Changer, which I purchased and had installed. It's completely hidden from view and takes up no usable space.

Good luck!
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
jaka
Founding Member

Postby jaka » August 8th, 2013, 10:57 pm

A Renault Clio IV, the like of the picture below, without the blue sportish bullshit.

Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » August 9th, 2013, 2:51 am

Hey, Jaka, do they actually list "blue sportish bullshit" as an option in the brochure? :D
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » August 9th, 2013, 3:13 am

Neck crick.

Three weeks.
Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
jaka
Founding Member

Postby jaka » August 9th, 2013, 7:36 am

David Beckett
Founding Member

Postby David Beckett » August 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

I'm as big a gadget freak as the next guy. But one of my biggest annoyances is that cars have gotten so full of gadgetry they require the driver to have an engineering degree to tune the radio.

For example, I'm on my third Audi. The first one had two giant knobs to turn for temperture and fan and a button to push to turn the a/c on and off. My current car makes it much more difficult to select temp and fan - and I have to do it TWICE because of the idiotic "dual climate control".

The radio and cd player on the current one are OK. But I'm actively shopping for a newer one, and every time I drive one, it ruins my day because the cd slot is NOT REACHABLE BY THE DRIVER, (the morons who make these decisions put it in the Friggin' GLOVE BOX) - and that's just for starters.

OY VEY!
Burlington VT Realtor.
Radio Broadcaster.
A friend to Jazz since 1982.
Obsessed with CHORO, powered by Bustelo.
askdavidbeckett.com
@DavidBeckettVT
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » October 15th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Return to “The Alley”