Stuff To Talk About

Random and varied thoughts & topics
drumsolo
Founding Member

Stuff To Talk About

Postby drumsolo » January 10th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Why is there nothing to talk about any more? Facebook sucks, a bunch of conservative Goodspeaks. :)
jtx
Commodore

Re: Stuff To Talk About

Postby jtx » January 10th, 2020, 3:52 pm

I think you are on to something. FB and their ilk are much better suited as content collectors than as content originators, with the added echo factor of millions of users. Aside from that, and the (un)ease with which you can locate people from your past, they do not serve a particularly meaningful purpose in my book.

Most of all, on FB, a threaded conversation that multiple people can jump on/off of is harder to do, gets buried in the eternal-scroll mess, and is nearly impossible to search and retrieve just a few days later.

Two thumbs down.

drumsolo wrote:Why is there nothing to talk about any more? Facebook sucks, a bunch of conservative Goodspeaks. :)
BeBop
Founding Member

Re: Stuff To Talk About

Postby BeBop » January 12th, 2020, 9:45 am

Having worked too much on the periphery of Silicon Valley, I'm not on Facebook. Or Twitter. Or Instagram. Or whatever else. I would love to see this place host lively dialogue...not necessarily like JazzCentralStation, the BlueNote BB or any other place. This is a different and unique spot.

I spend most of my life "off the grid", so I'm not in a good position to provide much content, much less lead a resurrection. But damn, I hate to see places like this wither.

So who is still out there, lurking?

Return to “The Alley”