Does everyone like the look of the board better now?

Tell us how we are doing.
LennyH
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Does everyone like the look of the board better now?

Postby LennyH » June 28th, 2013, 8:53 am

Yeah, looks great to me. I agree that it's better now.
Blue Train
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Blue Train » June 28th, 2013, 10:40 am

For some reason can't upload an avatar.
LennyH

Postby LennyH » June 28th, 2013, 12:16 pm

One thing that's been irritating me for a while at JC was that the first unread post button was not working for me. It was taking me to the end of the thread sometimes instead of to the first unread. That along with the "view unread posts" is invaluable. Both are working fine here.
Blue Train

Postby Blue Train » June 28th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Keep in mind it's first & his age. Might be a Battle Royale! He's bald and scary looking....but...

Honestly, with all the Clusterfucks....this is better than you can imagine for a first time.
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » June 30th, 2013, 9:29 am

I like the way the board looks.
stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » June 30th, 2013, 10:33 am

Looks as good as I could have possibly expected, maybe better. Nice job!
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » June 30th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Scott....cannot find the post;
YES, change me back to Mike Schwartz if it's no problem.....thanks!

Let me know when you make the change, and I'll use the 2nd [current] password, the one that get's me here.
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » June 30th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » June 30th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Is Pete [Mr. 38,323 posts at JC and I'm not joining Facebook] C. signed up yet?
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » June 30th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » July 1st, 2013, 6:39 am

stonemonkts
Founding Member

Postby stonemonkts » July 1st, 2013, 6:53 am

I don't see why he wouldn't join. Before Lois made her announcement, he was ok with the old board, albeit not nearly as prolific as in the past. The irony is this new board has many people already who had abandoned the old board ages ago.

This board has more the feel of something new/else, than a nostalgia site.
Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » July 1st, 2013, 7:53 pm

Scott/Ron et. al,

Can you increase the amount of posts to scroll to 20-30?

That would be a cool add as opposed to the 10 which is current....thanks!
hornplayer
Founding Member

Postby hornplayer » July 2nd, 2013, 7:07 am

looks very good, guys. thanks! :)

Just signed on for the first time here at the sdj, and saved the new bbs!
Life's short, drink well.
Hornplayer
www.feastivals.com/blog
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » July 2nd, 2013, 2:16 pm

Just a few days into it, I'm likin' this place fine. Don't know about the dancing turd, but otherwise.

Thanks to our hosts.
BeBop
Founding Member

Postby BeBop » July 3rd, 2013, 9:14 am

I'm guessing he/she's Rocky. Not the fighter. Bullwinkle's friend.
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » July 3rd, 2013, 11:35 am

You built it and I came. End of my petty demands.
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 3rd, 2013, 12:15 pm

Yo, ᑕᐧᔐᔫᓂᑯᒑᔥ.

How about choosing another User Name so that we can actually respond to something other than one using Canadian Unicode?

Thanks.
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 5th, 2013, 9:17 am

I just wanted to say that even though I've only been posting on this board for couple of days, everything seems to be working seamlessly. Matter of fact, I think it works just as good if not better than the old board on Jazzcorner. It's very user friendly and it has just as many bells and whistles. Thanks again to the creators and administrators.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
randalljazz
Founding Member

Postby randalljazz » July 11th, 2013, 3:41 am

dunno what it looked like before, but me likey just fine now.
"The person who sees into the future farthest is the person who sees into the past farthest." -- Bill Evans

www.randalljazz.com
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 15th, 2013, 5:32 am

Everything is cool about this new board. However, after many years of reading and posting on Jazzcorner from my work computer, JazzTalk is blocked. So, I'm forced to check in and post from my phone while in work. Bastards! Of course, that's not JazzTalk's fault but still...
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” ― Frank Sinatra
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 15th, 2013, 9:05 am

Blue Train
Founding Member

Postby Blue Train » July 15th, 2013, 10:33 am

"There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind."

- Duke Ellington
Jimmy Cantiello
Founding Member

Postby Jimmy Cantiello » July 16th, 2013, 2:41 am

Yeah, not a good idea at my company. We've been through the proxy wars. It gets kind of messy when the HR department gets involved.
mjb
Founding Member

Postby mjb » July 16th, 2013, 11:08 am

Firstly, I think the place looks great and Scott, Ron and whomsoever are to be congratulated. 0 to 60 is 2.7 seconds it seems.

So, a comment or two.

Please consider losing"

"As if we care..." after "Tell us how we are doing."

"zzzzzzzzz...." after "Talk about Jazz and stuff, "

"BS" from "Post your general BS here!"

"Schwartz" from "May the Schwartz be with you."

Why? Well I think they conflict with the overall cool/professional look/environment you have created. There is enough humour/anarchy/devilment within the posts for people to find.

Pretty minor and picky, I realise but those puppies jump out at me for some reason.

Return to “Suggestions, Questions & Concerns”