The Waterboys

Discuss non-Jazz genres here.
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

The Waterboys

Postby Gentle Giant » January 29th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Anyone here a fan of Mike Scott and his ever-changing circus of collaborators, known collectively as The Waterboys? They have a new album out, which I reviewed on my blog. I have a big man crush on Scott, and really love his writing.

My review.
Attachments
the waterboys modern blues.jpg
the waterboys modern blues.jpg (21.11 KiB) Viewed 6009 times
timoleon
Founding Member

Re: The Waterboys

Postby timoleon » January 30th, 2015, 10:24 am

in my opinion one of the best musicians and lyricists of the last decades,and some extracts i heard of their new album are very good.
they had some troubled years,some members changed but yet the brand name is strong and they do great concerts still,as a friend who watched them about a year ago has told me.
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Re: The Waterboys

Postby Gentle Giant » February 1st, 2015, 7:51 am

timoleon wrote:in my opinion one of the best musicians and lyricists of the last decades,and some extracts i heard of their new album are very good.
they had some troubled years,some members changed but yet the brand name is strong and they do great concerts still,as a friend who watched them about a year ago has told me.

Like Dylan and Van Morrison, he's a bit of a changeling, going through different musical phases, but I find work on great depth, beauty, and power in almost everything he's released.

Return to “Other Music”