Gentle Giant fans rejoice!

Discuss non-Jazz genres here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mebobo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gentle Giant fans rejoice!

Postby Mebobo » July 6th, 2014, 8:03 am

I saw Gentle Giant has been mentioned in the non-jazz thread. Not sure if many of your listen to a wider range of progressive rock (which I love as much jazz me thinks) you might be familiar with Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree and his great solo works. Worth a mention as a separate thread. He's become the "go to" guy for re-mixing and engineering of classic prog works in DVD-audio and BluRay 5.1 surround. First three King Crimson, Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" (although for the life of me I don't know why they only released the surround disc with a full box set costing more than $100 and not later releasing the surround version in a stand alone disc.) and now...

The Power And The Glory (5.1 Blu-ray/CD Mixed by Steven Wilson)!!!! I'd be interested to know if other members of the board enjoy surround sound as a part of their listening mix. The disc will be released July 22nd and preorder price is $18.47! Can't wait!
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Re: Gentle Giant fans rejoice!

Postby Gentle Giant » July 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Hi Mike. Welcome to the board. Ron hipped me to your thread as I am the resident GG nut here (as you can probably tell!). In my current incarnation of life experience, I am living in a small studio apartment with very basic stereo equipment, so my audiophile days are well behind me. That said, I've been told the Wilson mixes are a thing to behold and I have preordered The Power & The Glory and am looking forward to hearing how it compares with the edition I have currently. Hopefully, he will take on other titles as well, particularly Octopus, In a Glass House, and Free Hand.
bluenoter
Concierge

Re: Gentle Giant fans rejoice!

Postby bluenoter » September 17th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Return to “Other Music”