Yes!! Another Video Thread!!

Discuss non-Jazz genres here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chazro
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yes!! Another Video Thread!!

Postby Chazro » June 20th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Since I had success posting a video, I'm gonna try doing some more. I realize there's other video threads out there but what the hell!;)

1st up, a couple from an artist I got hipped to on the late, great HBO series, Treme. An English musician that's become a total piece of the NO music scene; pianist Jon Cleary. The dude's a walking encyclopedia of New Orleans music styles, hence the title of this video; 'History of New Orleans Piano'. Very entertaining!

Next up, the promo from his excellent latest record; Occapella! (Having Fun With The Songs Of Allen Toussaint)

Good Stuff!!
Chazro
Founding Member

Re: Yes!! Another Video Thread!!

Postby Chazro » June 22nd, 2014, 4:33 pm

Here's a few more!

The Ariacne Trujillo Quintet feat. the amazing Cuban pianist and her boss (white-hot-my favorite percussionist of the moment!) Pedrito Martinez on timbales!

Here's another (totally different) version of the same tune!

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » June 22nd, 2014, 4:44 pm

Here's a couple that SHOULD be on the radio!

Omar

Ojos De Brujo

I much prefer videos showing the band playing but....it's all about the song!;)
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » June 24th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » June 25th, 2014, 9:03 am

bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » June 25th, 2014, 11:07 am

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » June 28th, 2014, 1:57 pm

A few records I just picked up!

Santa Fe & The fat City Horns - The Answer - These guys are the T.O.P. of this generation!

Oz Noy - Twisted Blues Vol. 2

Also picked up:
Theo Croker - AfroPhysicist
Luisito Quintero - 3rd Element
Steve Khan - Subtext
3 terrific scores but alas, I couldn't find supporting video's for these records!
Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 4th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Happy Birthday America!

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 5th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Lucky his shit didn't get blown up! Betcha this'll be done by the pros in the future!

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 8th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Dafnis Prieto

Rock Candy Funk Party

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 8th, 2014, 1:18 pm

yellowjackets

Charles Flores

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 21st, 2014, 2:35 pm

Here's one that should be of interest to all music lovers. It's the trailer followed by the full documentary (20 min.) - The Distortion Of Sound. I found it to be interesting not only from my personal interest in audio but from a sociological viewpoint. 2 quick points, there's another video on youtube showing the Hollywood premiere of the doc and it's great to see so many showpeople that are apparently behind this infodoc! Secondly, it turned me on to Lianne La Havas, I'd never heard of her before. I just bought her last record; Is Your Love Big Enough?!!

The trailer

The film
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » July 21st, 2014, 4:28 pm

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 30th, 2014, 2:32 pm

The amazing young pianist; Alfredo Rodriguez!

A video of the title track (love the use of color!)

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 30th, 2014, 2:53 pm

One of my all time favorite Blues tunes. This is a kinda weird/strange/but cute video that I assume was thrown together by the original poster. It almost distracts you from the tune (produced and featuring Mac Rebbenack/Dr. John). I found another posting of the tune but the audio quality is better on this one.

A smokin' version of Van Morrison's 'Moondance' from Nathan Easts' new record featuring horn charts by Tom Scott and vocals by Michael McDonald!

Chazro
Founding Member

Postby Chazro » July 30th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Here's one featuring 2 of my heroes; Anat Cohen & Paquito D'Rivera! Beautifully played! From the players, to the venue, to Paquito's cap - support Israel!!;)

I'm all about givin' the drummers' some! This video is the most beautifully filmed I've ever seen of a drummer yet. Featuring a personal favorite; 'El Negro'. How is it that this clip makes me feel like eating candy and still is Ferrari-sexy at the same time!?;)

Return to “Other Music”