The Other WAYLT

Discuss non-Jazz genres here.
uli
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Other WAYLT

Postby uli » July 1st, 2013, 4:45 am

Just wanted to get this thread started

I am actually listening to this right now

uli
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Other Waylt

Postby uli » July 1st, 2013, 6:18 am

walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » July 3rd, 2013, 3:05 am

I listened to a lot of Maderna and Berio on youtube yesterday. Also a bit of Serocki.
Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
walto
Founding Member

Postby walto » July 8th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Surely not all of a sudden. Less than half of a sudden at best.
tippy
Founding Member

Postby tippy » July 8th, 2013, 7:54 pm

The embed probably isn't going to work, but this is one of my all time fave "modern" Marleys.

Mike Schwartz
Founding Member

Postby Mike Schwartz » July 8th, 2013, 10:57 pm

tippy
Founding Member

Postby tippy » July 9th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Oh...the "youtube" link. Never would have guessed, LOL. (In other words, hadn't taken a good peruse to notice it.) Thanks for pointing that out and fixing that up for me. My "new" faves are Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave." That is the Bomb! It's no wonder I don't have friends here in Utah. I can't stop listening to old hip hop/rap for 3 almost years now. I can't tell which is the chicken and which is the egg. The Chris Read Anthology sent a volt of electricity through me, so it's his fault. I should probably report back to Pandora for some Black Keys expansion or something like that.

Here's a sad fact for you: Erykah Badu is going to be playing here for $5 in August (part of the Twilight Concert Series) and I am going to be in Los Angeles. Please don't tell me how good that's going to be. I mean that literally - DON'T - absolutely DO NOT tell me how good that's going to be.

Heyah, Mike!!
lazarus
Founding Member

Postby lazarus » July 24th, 2013, 5:14 am

steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » July 24th, 2013, 5:25 am

Been checking out lots of new (FOR ME) stuff on Spotify. Yesterday I listened to something more familiar, Bob Dylan and the Band's "Basement Tapes." Great stuff.

uli
Founding Member

Postby uli » July 24th, 2013, 8:30 am

Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » July 25th, 2013, 11:18 am

Been listening to a bunch of Steve Goodman, as he would have been 65 today. I played Words We Can Dance To and Say It In Private, along with selections from his anthology, No Big Surprise, and The Easter Tapes.
lazarus
Founding Member

Postby lazarus » July 25th, 2013, 11:20 pm

Great album!!

lazarus
Founding Member

Re: The Other WAYLT

Postby lazarus » August 25th, 2013, 11:50 am

Bob Dylan - Another Self Portrait (Bootleg Series Vol. 10)
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » August 25th, 2013, 1:04 pm

The Frames / Fitzcarraldo

Jack Klompus
Founding Member

Postby Jack Klompus » August 26th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Profokiev Piano Concerto No. 3- Byron Janis, Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, Kyril Kondrashin conductor.
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » August 26th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Nine Horses / Snow Borne Sorrow

Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » August 31st, 2013, 4:22 pm

Van Morrison: Astral Weeks
Santana: Moonflower
Gentle Giant: In a Glass House, The Power & The Glory
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » September 1st, 2013, 10:18 am

The Waterboys - This Is The Sea (CD1 of the 2-CD deluxe edition)
The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues (both CDs of the 2-CD deluxe edition)
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
jtx
Commodore

Postby jtx » September 1st, 2013, 5:36 pm

Atoms for Peace / Amok

This supergroup consists of Thom Yorke (vocals, guitar, piano) of Radiohead, Flea (bass) of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich (keyboard, synthesizer, guitar), Joey Waronker (drums) of Beck & R.E.M. and Mauro Refosco (percussion), session and touring percussionist with Red Hot Chili Peppers and David Byrne.

Very much electronically tinged, but musically interesting, and you generally can't go wrong when Thom Yorke is singing.
uli
Founding Member

Postby uli » September 3rd, 2013, 4:40 am

Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » September 15th, 2013, 11:26 am

In honor of the anniversary of Richard Wright's death:

PS: Finally hit 100 posts with this!
steve(thelil)
Founding Member

Postby steve(thelil) » September 21st, 2013, 7:36 am

Maybe the greatest rock band never to really make it big in the states? (OK, a strong and maybe silly claim, but I can't think of another any better).

I had totally forgotten how great this record was.
Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » September 24th, 2013, 11:08 am

NP: In honor of Mark Sandman's birthday.

Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » October 26th, 2013, 6:51 am

tippy
Founding Member

Postby tippy » November 22nd, 2013, 10:54 pm

Return to “Other Music”