1st Birthday Challenge

Talk about Jazz and stuff...
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

1st Birthday Challenge

Postby Ron Thorne » June 25th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Here are three completely different challenges for our 1st birthday celebration:

1. Come up with some truly unique 1st birthday graphics of your own design or something you found online. If they're jazz-related, you may just get a prize. 8-)

2. Create a new jazz thread which will stimulate the most dialogue and number of posts. I'm not sure if there will be a prize, but if there is, I can probably come up with something unique, perhaps something from Alaska. :idea:

3. Bring a friend and get them registered by Sunday, June 29th. Again, the more friends you add to our "family", the better. A prize might be in the offing. ;)
"Timing is everything" - Peppercorn
http://500px.com/rpthorne
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Re: 1st Birthday Challenge

Postby Ron Thorne » June 26th, 2014, 10:36 am

Mostly, we want everyone to just have a good time talking about whatever pleases them. We hope to add some new members, too.

Here's an idea we came up with and Justin hit out of the park. Thanks, jtx. You da man!

Gentle Giant
Founding Member

Postby Gentle Giant » June 26th, 2014, 10:57 am

Hard to believe it's been a year since Jazz Talk launched. I have to admit I welcomed the renaissance of a jazz board rising like the phoenix from the ashes of mixed metaphors for a time, but I found myself unable to sustain a regular presence. I will try again.

In the meantime, congrats to Ron and thanks to Scott for taking up the gauntlet and against all odds maintaining a presence for jazz and other musical and nonmusical discussion.
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » June 27th, 2014, 4:18 pm

bluenoter wrote:Image

Sources: Herbie Hancock, Maiden Voyage (Blue Note); Paul Bley, One Year After (3D Japan).

Please view it as large as you can by using JT's Image Resizer (upper left corner). Image
Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » June 30th, 2014, 5:20 pm

Kudos to bluenoter/Rita for her diligence and cleverness in putting together that customized graphic design utilizing two unique jazz albums! :#1:
bluenoter
Concierge

Postby bluenoter » July 1st, 2014, 11:30 am

Ron Thorne
Fadda Timekeeper

Postby Ron Thorne » July 6th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Congratulations to Mike Schwartz for contributing the most new jazz threads which stimulated the most dialogue and number of posts during our 1st birthday celebration.

Thanks, and well done, Mike.
:#1:

Return to “Jazztalk Central”