SiriusXM Real Jazz Channel

Talk about Jazz and stuff...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
drumsolo
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SiriusXM Real Jazz Channel

Postby drumsolo » February 4th, 2020, 6:05 pm

Anybody listening to SiriusXM? I started listening about a 1/2 year ago and have been wondering where this has been all my life. Whoever is creating their playlists is amazing. It's incredibly varied and the emphasis seems to be on what's great to listen to instead of what's been known to be popular with the masses. There's not a lot of repetition either. You don't hear the same, say, Clifford Brown tune over and over like I was expecting. It's the same story with a lot of the other non-jazz channels as well. The Siriusly Sinatra, DeepTracks (classic rock deep cuts), Cinemagic, and Outlaw Country are my, in particular, faves. I am, scouts honor, not a shill, btw.
BeBop
Founding Member

Re: SiriusXM Real Jazz Channel

Postby BeBop » February 10th, 2020, 6:59 am

I'm seldom in places where SiriusXM is available. Real Jazz is a fine channel, if not exactly to my tastes today. When I was younger, less curmudgeonly, I think I would have liked it a lot. I was blessed in my youth to have broadcast radio stations - AM and FM - that played mainstream jazz, much like Real Jazz. There are still a few left. But, throughout much of the world (U.S., I guess), Real Jazz is a very nice thing sent down from the heavens. And, unlike some sources, it provides some revenue back to the industry.

Return to “Jazztalk Central”